Archive for March 2011
It seems like this has been a long time coming, even though we launched just over two months ago, but today’s the day! Check out these new features that will making browsing and using BookLending.com even more enjoyable …
Browsing by Genre: You’ll notice that there’s a dropdown menu above the eBook of the Day in the right-hand column of inside pages. If you would like to suggest a genre we have missed, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To see how neat it is to browse by genre, check out Bestselling, Romance, Non Fiction, Business & Investing or Young Adult & Children.
No More Book Overwhelm: Go to your profile page to set the maximum number of book loans you would like to receive each week. Right now, the default is one loan per week. You can set it to No Books (this pauses loans) up to three books max per week. You may or may not receive your max number of loans in any given week, but you will not receive more than your max. Click here for a screen capture video that shows exactly how to change your maximum books on the profile page.
Unlimited Borrow Requests: Say goodbye to our five-per-day limit. Request as many books as you like (think of your list of requested books as a Netflix queue for book loans).
Read It Today Category: The Read It Today category features the books that are in greatest supply. If you’re fresh out of reading material and want to get a new book loan today, this is your category.
No More Blushing: Last, but not least, the erotica books have their own Erotica category [NSFW] now and they have been filtered off the non-erotica pages. Our software is doing this filtering automatically with about 95% accuracy – if you see anything that has been miscategorized, let us know at email@example.com and we’ll fix it.
1. Water for Elephants (mass market e-book) by Sara Gruen
2. Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games) by Suzanne Collins
3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
6. Leaving Home: Short Pieces (Kindle Single) by Jodi Picoult
7. Divine by Karen Kingsbury
8. Bone Thief by Thomas O’ Callaghan
9. Night Road by Kristin Hannah
10. Freedom: A Novel (Oprah’s Book Club) by Jonathan Franzen
11. Night Life by Caitlin Kittredge
12. Don’t Die, Dragonfly by Linda Joy Singleton
13. Torn (Trylle Trilogy, #2) by Amanda Hocking
14. Saving Rachel (A Donovan Creed Crime Novel) by John Locke
15. NSFW Hidden Desires by Elle Kennedy
16. NSFW Displayed (Purgatory Club) by Eliza Gayle
17. KILLER by Stephen Carpenter
18. Ascend (Trylle Trilogy, #3) by Amanda Hocking
19. The Alchemyst by Michael Scott
20. The Hangman’s Daughter by Oliver Pötzsch
21. NSFW Gabriel’s Mate (Scanguards Vampires) by Tina Folsom
23. A Scattered Life by Karen McQuestion
24. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
25. Blue-Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas